The Type Section¶
Each document must contain exactly one type element, immediately after the idServer element(s).
<type> <flavor>scriptureText</flavor> <flavorType>scripture</flavorType> <scope> <bookScope>GEN</bookScope><!-- Use the shortest possible description, ie not "GEN 1-50" or "GEN 1:1-31;GEN 2:..." --> <bookScope>EXO 1-12</bookScope> <bookScope>LEV 2:3-3:7</bookScope> <bookScope>MAT 1:3,5,7-11</bookScope> </scope> <canonSpec type="OT, NT"> <component name="westernOT"/> <!-- All books in component do not need to be present --> <component name="x-matthewOnlyMillenialists"><!-- Do not do this for translations in progress - that's what scope is for! --> <book>MAT</book> </component> </canonSpec> <confidentiality> <metadata>unrestricted</metadata> <publications>restricted</publications> <source>private</source> </confidentiality> <flavorDetails> <!-- NOT GENERIC --> </flavorDetails> </type>
Required, either one of
Required, one of
- scripture (a translation or paraphrase, with The Message roughly defining the limit of what is considered to be a paraphrase)
- gloss (a retelling of Scripture that abbreviates, augments and/or reorganized the content, but in a way that can still be mapped to scripture)
- parascriptural (non-scriptural content that maps onto scripture via a versification scheme)
- peripheral (non-scriptural content that may be useful within the Bible ecosystem, but which does not map onto scripture via a versification scheme)
Required, contains one or more unordered bookScope elements, each of which describes the scope of content within one book.
Required for the scripture, gloss and paraScriptural flavorTypes. The element includes a type attribute attribute that specifies one or more component from
- OT (Hebrew Old Testament)
- OT+ (Greek Old Testament, ie Hebrew OT and DC books are combined, as in most Catholic and Orthodox Bibles)
- DC (Deuterocanon as a discrete section, as in many interconfessional Bibles)
- NT (New Testament)
The element contains one or more component element. Each component element has a name attribute. The name value is either a known ordered list of books, or an x-something label for an ordered list of books within the component element. (See the example above and the schema for more details.)
- metadata (required)
- source (optional)
- publications (optional)
each of which contains one of
The content of this element is flavor-specific.