This flavor is based upon Paratext’s .vrs files. Member of the Scripture Burrito committee have reworked the historical character-based format into JSON. A new section has been added to describe verse ranges. This work may be seen in (https://github.com/ubsicap/versification_json)Initial feedback is positive. The Scripture Burrito committee awaits more detailed input from a Copenhagen Alliance subcommittee.
There are two use cases for the file format:
- As a standalone burrito, when used to represent “standard” versifications, eg Lutheran, LXX Catholic etc
- As a resource within a scripture Text burrito, replacing versification.vrs in DBL text bundles.
One JSON file containing an object with the following keys:
- basedOn - the parent versification scheme, currently always set to “org”
- maxVerses - the highest verse number for each chapter of each book
- mappedVerses - key-value mapping of verses and verse ranges
- excludedVerses - verses that are deliberately excluded from the translation
- partialVerses - partial verses present in the translation
- mergedVerses - verse ranges present in the translation
See the repo for further details.
Metadata Flavor Details¶